1 Hospitalized after Highway 101 Accident at Perkins Street Off-Ramp in Ukiah
Ukiah, California (August 12, 2021) – One person was hospitalized Wednesday afternoon following a three-vehicle collision in Ukiah, the California Highway Patrol said.
The crash happened at around 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 11, on Highway 101 at the Perkins Street exit.
According to the CHP, a red Dodge Ram, a black SUV, and a third car collided under unclear circumstances on the northbound side of the highway.
After the collision, one of the involved vehicles veered off the road and had major front-end damage.
Ukiah Collision on Highway 101 Injures 1
One patient, whose name was not disclosed, was transported to the Ukiah Valley Medical Center with minor injuries.
Northbound Highway 101 was blocked at Perkins Street due to the crash.
Further details about the crash were not immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.