Two People Killed in Tulare Crash on Highway 99 near Tulare Street
Tulare, California (September 10, 2021) – Two people were killed Thursday night in a fiery traffic collision between a semi-truck and a car in Tulare, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The deadly crash happened shortly before 8:30 p.m. Thursday, September 9, on Highway 99 near Tulare Street.
CHP said the car collided with the semi-truck for unknown reasons on the northbound side of Highway 99.
After the impact, the car burst into flames.
Deadly 2-Vehicle Crash on Highway 99 in Tulare
Two occupants of the car died in the crash. The names of the victims have not been disclosed pending notification of their respective families.
The operator of the semi-truck did not suffer any injuries in the accident.
The crash prompted the authorities to temporarily close one lane of northbound Highway 99.
Further details about the crash were not immediately provided.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.