Tisha Breda Injured in Fatal San Luis Obispo Accident on Highway 1 and Highland Drive
San Luis Obispo, California (September 11, 2021) – Tisha Leigh Breda, 50, of Cambria was injured in a deadly multi-vehicle collision in San Luis Obispo on Saturday morning.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the incident happened at about 6:45 a.m. on Highway 1 and Highland Drive.
Bryan Griffiths, 79, of Morro Bay reportedly failed to stop for a red light at the intersection and crashed his 2010 Ford-150 into the side of a 1990 Volvo driven by a 17-year-old San Luis Obispo resident.
The teen was making a left turn onto Highway 1 when the Volvo was broadsided.
The Volvo was then hit by a 2006 BMW 750 driven by Breda.
Tisha Breda Injured in Deadly San Luis Obispo Car Accident on Highway 1
Breda sustained minor injuries in the collision.
The teenage driver was rushed to Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center, where he died of his injuries.
Griffiths suffered moderate injuries and was taken to French Hospital.
The accident is under investigation by the CHP.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.