Taher Hanifeh ID’d as 1 of 6 Injured in Copperopolis Collision at O’Byrnes Ferry Road and Highway 4
Copperopolis, California (August 10, 2021) – Taher Hanifeh, 22, of Elk Grove, has been identified as one of the six people who were injured Sunday afternoon in a traffic collision at a Copperopolis intersection.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the crash happened at about 2:45 p.m. Sunday, August 8, at the intersection of O’Byrnes Ferry Road and Highway 4.
CHP said Hanifeh was driving a 2006 Toyota Avalon northbound on O’Byrnes Ferry Road and was approaching a stop sign at Highway 4.
Hanifeh then entered the intersection and went directly into the path of a 2012 Ford F-150 that was heading westbound on Highway 4 at approximately 55 miles per hour.
The right side of the Toyota collided with the front of the Ford. The impact caused the two vehicles to spin out of control and stop at the intersection’s northwest corner.
Car Crash at O’Byrnes Ferry Road and Highway 4 in Copperopolis
Emergency responders took Hanifeh and one of her three passengers to Modesto Memorial with moderate injuries. The remaining two passengers were transported to Doctors Medical Center with major injuries.
The driver of the Ford suffered minor injuries and was taken to Modesto Memorial while his passenger had major injuries and was transported to Doctors Medical Center.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the crash.
The collision remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.