Person Injured in Stockton Pedestrian Accident on Pacific Avenue
Stockton, California (August 21, 2021) – A pedestrian was struck and injured by a vehicle Thursday night in Stockton, according to authorities.
The pedestrian accident happened at about 10:15 p.m. Thursday, August 19, in the 2000 block of Pacific Avenue.
Authorities said the pedestrian was hit by a vehicle while attempting to cross Pacific Avenue.
Pedestrian Injured After Being Hit by Car in Stockton
Paramedics responded to the scene and rendered aid to the pedestrian before being taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. The name and condition of the patient at this time were not available.
The crash remains under investigation.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.