3 Injured, 1 Critically, in Santa Barbara County Collision on Highway 154 near Painted Cave Road
Santa Barbara County, California (August 25, 2021) – Three people were injured, one critically, after a traffic crash involving two vehicles in Santa Barbara County, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The collision happened on Highway 154 near Painted Cave Road.
The CHP said a large commercial spool truck collided with a small sedan on Highway 154.
As a result of the collision, the sedan became wedged underneath the truck. Both vehicles had flipped onto their sides.
Sedan, Truck Accident on Highway 154 in Santa Barbara County
One person was trapped in their vehicle and was extricated by emergency personnel. The victim was then taken to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital in critical condition.
Two other people had minor injuries and were also taken to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital.
Both lanes of Highway 154 were blocked due to the crash.
Further details regarding the accident were not immediately available.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.