Driver Killed, 2 Passengers Injured in Santa Ana Collision on McFadden Avenue
Santa Ana, California (August 22, 2021) – A driver was killed and two passengers were injured in an alleged DUI crash in Santa Ana early Sunday morning, according to the Santa Ana Police Department.
The deadly accident happened at about 12:15 a.m. in the 4800 block of West McFadden Avenue.
Police said a Ford Edge was traveling eastbound on McFadden Avenue at a high rate of speed when, for unknown reasons, it crashed into the back of a Toyota Sequoia that was also heading eastbound.
The Ford then drifted onto the south sidewalk and hit a utility pole.
Deadly 2-Vehicle Crash in Santa Ana
The driver of the Ford was pronounced dead at the scene. The name of the victim has not been disclosed pending notification of family.
Two passengers were transported to a local hospital with unspecified injuries. Their condition was not immediately disclosed.
Authorities found several alcohol containers inside the Ford, and DUI was considered a factor in the deadly collision.
No further details about the crash were immediately given.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.