1 Seriously Injured in Sacramento Pedestrian Crash at Fulton Avenue and Marconi Avenue
Sacramento, California (August 24, 2021) – A pedestrian suffered serious injuries after being struck by a vehicle Monday night at an intersection in Sacramento.
The incident happened at about 11:20 p.m. at Fulton Avenue and Marconi Avenue.
A male pedestrian was hit by an unknown vehicle under unclear circumstances.
Sacramento firefighters responded to the scene and transported the victim to UC Davis Medical Center. The pedestrian was unconscious and with major injuries.
The report did not mention the cause of the accident, but CHP is investigating.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright-colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Were you or your loved one involved in a pedestrian accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.