1 Seriously Injured in Sacramento Crash on Elder Creek Road
Sacramento, California (August 24, 2021) – One person was seriously injured early Monday morning in a two-vehicle crash in Sacramento, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The major injury collision happened just after 12:29 a.m. Monday, August 23, in the 9881 block of Elder Creek Road.
CHP said a BMW hatchback collided with a semi-truck for unknown reasons on Elder Creek Road.
The BMW became wedged underneath the truck.
Major Injury Crash on Elder Creek Road in Sacramento
Firefighters along with the paramedics responded to the scene and extricated all parties possibly trapped in the wreckage.
Authorities said one person was taken to a hospital with major injuries. The name of the victim and their condition were not available.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.