Rider Seriously Injured in Sacramento Motorcycle Collision on Highway 51 near Fulton Avenue Off-Ramp
Sacramento, California (August 6, 2021) – A motorcyclist was seriously hurt in a traffic collision that occurred Friday afternoon in Sacramento, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The accident happened at around 2:41 p.m. on southbound Highway 51 near the Fulton Avenue off-ramp.
CHP said a motorcycle and a Dodge Ram pickup truck collided for unknown reasons.
First responders found the motorcycle down in the fast lane and the rider lying in the center divider. The pickup truck was also in the center divider.
The report said the rider suffered major injuries in the crash. An ambulance was requested to take the patient to the hospital.
The motorcycle was towed away from the scene.
CHP is investigating to establish the cause of the accident.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.