1 Killed in Sacramento Pedestrian Crash on Elsie Avenue near Stockton Boulevard
Sacramento, California (August 11, 2021) – A pedestrian died after being struck by a vehicle Tuesday night in Sacramento, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The incident was reported at about 9:25 p.m. on eastbound Elsie Avenue, just east of Stockton Boulevard.
The pedestrian was hit by an unknown vehicle.
Firefighters responded to the scene to find the victim lying in traffic lanes.
The report said the pedestrian died in the crash after sustaining significant injuries.
Authorities are collecting more information to establish the factors surrounding the collision.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright-colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Were you or your loved one involved in a pedestrian accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.