Rosemont Accident at Huntsman Drive and Kiefer Boulevard Seriously Injures Pedestrian
Rosemont, California (September 12, 2021) – The California Highway Patrol is investigating the cause of a traffic accident that left a pedestrian with serious injuries Saturday morning at an intersection in Rosemont.
The major injury collision happened in the area of Huntsman Drive and Kiefer Boulevard at approximately 8:35 a.m.
An individual was reportedly struck by possibly a black Nissan Maxima or a Toyota Camry at the intersection under unclear circumstances.
Rosemont Pedestrian Accident
The pedestrian, whose identity was not revealed, sustained major injuries and was taken to a local hospital for medication.
Information regarding the involved motorist was not immediately available at the report time.
The crash resulted in the closure of the intersection for an unknown time.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you or your loved one were involved in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.