Rick Barretta Among 4 Injured in Rohnert Park Crash on Highway 101 near Rohnert Park Expressway
Rohnert Park, California (August 8, 2021) – Rick Barretta, 41, was among four people who were injured early Sunday morning after they were involved in a deadly traffic accident in Rohnert Park, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash occurred at about 4:00 a.m. on the northbound side of Highway 101, just north of the Rohnert Park Expressway exit.
CHP said a Nissan was stopped in the middle lane, and its driver was standing near it.
Moments later, a northbound Ford F-250, driven by Barretta, rear-ended the Nissan, which then struck the man standing in the roadway.
Another pickup, a Ford F-150, then hit the man.
Man Killed, 4 Injured in Crash on Highway 101 in Rohnert Park
The man driving the Nissan died at the scene. Barretta and his three passengers were transported to Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital with minor injuries.
The driver of the Ford F-150, Jorge Mendoza-Suarez, 26, did not suffer any injuries.
Further details regarding the accident were not immediately available.
The crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information about the collision is asked to call the Santa Rosa CHP office at 707-588-1400.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.