Pedro Macias Jr. Hospitalized after Tehama County Collision on Highway 99 near South Avenue

Pedro Macias Jr.
Pedro Macias Jr. Injured in Fatal Head-On Crash on Highway 99 in Tehama County

Tehama County, California (September 9, 2021) – Pedro Macias Jr., 60, of Chico, was injured after being involved in a deadly head-on collision early Thursday morning near Vina in Tehama County, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The accident occurred at around 12:18 a.m. on Highway 99, just south of South Avenue.

CHP said a Dodge truck, driven by a 28-year-old Red Bluff man, was heading north on southbound Highway 99 when it collided head-on with an oncoming tanker truck operated by Macias Jr.

After the crash, the Dodge truck came to a stop on its wheels blocking the northbound lane and facing north, while the tanker truck came to rest facing the southbound and blocking the No. 2 south lane.

Highway 99 Collision in Tehama County Kills 1, Injures 1

The driver of the Dodge truck, a 28-year-old Red Bluff man, died at the scene of the accident. His name has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin.

Macias Jr. was airlifted to Enloe Medical Center in Chico with moderate injuries.

It is undetermined whether drugs or alcohol were a factor in the collision.

The crash is under investigation.

Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California

  • Always stop and remain at the scene.
  • Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
  • Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
  • Call 911 to report the accident.
  • Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
  • Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.

If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.