Oakland Accident on Interstate 880 Near 16th Avenue Sends Motorcyclist to Hospital
Oakland, California (September 12, 2021) – According to a report by the California Highway Patrol, a motorcyclist was hospitalized with serious injuries in a collision with a vehicle in Oakland Thursday morning.
The major injury motorcycle crash happened on Interstate 880 near 16th Avenue and 23rd Avenue at approximately 4:15 a.m. on September 9.
The circumstances that led to the collision of a Toyota pickup truck and a motorcycle on the northbound side of the interstate were not immediately available at the report time.
Major Injury Oakland Accident
Due to the impact, the rider was ejected from the bike and sustained major injuries, including an open fracture to their left arm and a road rash.
The unidentified victim was attended to by paramedics and then rushed to the Highland Hospital for further medical aid.
The crash resulted in the closure of the Nos 1 and 2 lanes of the northbound Interstate 880 for an unknown time.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.