4 Adults, 6 Juveniles Injured in Oakland Car Crash at 38th Avenue and International Boulevard
Oakland, California (September 10, 2021) – Four adults and six children were injured Thursday night in an alleged DUI car crash in Oakland, according to the Oakland Police Department.
The collision, which involved three vehicles, occurred shortly after 8:30 p.m. at the intersection of 38th Avenue and International Boulevard.
Police said a Pontiac G6 was traveling eastbound on International Boulevard in the bus lane at a high rate of speed when the driver allegedly failed to stop for the posted stop sign at the intersection and struck a minivan that was heading northbound on 38th Avenue, carrying nine passengers.
Several Injured in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Oakland
Two children ages 9 and 2 were ejected from the minivan upon the impact. Both sustained severe head trauma and were transported to a hospital, where they were listed in critical condition.
Eight other people sustained unspecified injuries in the crash. The names of the victims and their current condition were not disclosed.
According to the police, the Pontiac driver attempted to flee the scene after the crash but was apprehended by bystanders. The suspect was eventually booked into custody on suspicion of DUI and hit-and-run.
The crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information or who witnessed the collision is asked to call the Oakland Police Department Traffic Investigation Unit at (510) 777-8570.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.