1 Injured in Oakland Motorcycle Crash on 880 Freeway near 29th Avenue
Oakland, California (August 19, 2021) – Authorities are investigating a major injury motorcycle accident that took place Thursday morning in Oakland.
The California Highway Patrol said the wreck occurred at around 7:52 a.m. on northbound 880 Freeway near 29th Avenue.
A motorcycle and a small black and white work truck were involved in the accident.
The motorcycle ended up beneath the truck.
Firefighters and paramedics responded to the scene following the crash.
One person suffered serious injuries, as per the report. The report did not mention the condition of the patient.
CHP officers are collecting more information to determine the factors that may have contributed to the accident.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.