Pedestrian Killed in National City Accident at Highway 54 and 5 Freeway
National City, California (September 12, 2021) – One person died following a pedestrian accident that occurred early Saturday morning in National City.
The fatal crash happened in the area of State Route 54 and Interstate 5 shortly before 1:10 a.m.
As per the California Highway Patrol report, a pedestrian was hit by at least one vehicle while walking on the westbound side of SR-54 under unclear circumstances.
Fatal National City Pedestrian Accident
Sadly, the unidentified pedestrian was pronounced deceased at the scene.
More details about this crash will be released immediately after the completion of the investigation.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.