Rider seriously Hurt in Santa Rosa Motorcycle Crash on Highway 101
Santa Rosa, California (November 3, 2023) – A motorcycle rider was seriously injured late Thursday night after colliding with a vehicle on Highway 101 in Santa Rosa.
As per the CHP, the crash occurred at about 11:04 p.m. on southbound Highway 101, just north of Corby Avenue off-ramp.
CHP officials say a sports motorcycle collided with a black Ford Mustang. A passerby helped move the rider to the right-hand shoulder of the freeway.
The motorcyclist sustained major injuries in the collision.
No additional information regarding the crash is available at this time.
The incident is under investigation.
Common Types of Interstate Motorcycle Accidents in LA
Interstate motorcycle accidents in Los Angeles can involve various scenarios and factors. While each accident is unique, here are some common types of motorcycle accidents that can occur on interstates in LA:
- Rear-end collisions: Rear-end accidents happen when a vehicle strikes the rear of a motorcycle. These can occur if a driver fails to maintain a safe following distance or is distracted, resulting in a collision with a motorcycle in front.
- Lane-changing accidents: Accidents can occur when a vehicle fails to check blind spots or uses improper signaling while changing lanes, leading to a collision with a motorcycle traveling in the adjacent lane.
- Merge-related accidents: Merge accidents happen when vehicles entering or exiting the interstate fail to yield or properly merge, resulting in a collision with a motorcycle already on the highway.
- Sideswipe accidents: Sideswipe accidents occur when a vehicle collides with a motorcycle while traveling parallel to each other, often due to the driver’s failure to check mirrors or maintain a safe distance.
- Intersection accidents: Interstates often intersect with other highways, roads, or ramps. Motorcycle accidents can happen at these intersections due to factors like failure to yield, red-light violations, or improper lane changes by other vehicles.
Pacific Attorney Group has a team of skilled attorneys with several years of experience handling injury claims that arise from motorcycle accidents. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident or lost a loved one, Click to call : 866-803-6502 us as soon as possible for a free and confidential consultation.