Man Killed, Family of 4 Injured in Fiery Oakland Crash on International Boulevard near 39th Avenue
Oakland, California (November 9, 2023) – A motorcycle rider died Wednesday afternoon after a motorcycle he was riding collided with a vehicle and caught fire in Oakland, according to a police report.
The deadly crash occurred at about 3:13 p.m. on November 8, at the intersection of International Boulevard and 39th Street.
According to the Oakland Police Department, a 31-year-old man was riding a stolen motorcycle eastbound on International Boulevard at high speed. The Oakland man ran a red light at the intersection and struck an SUV that was turning southbound onto 39th Avenue from International.
The motorcycle caught fire after the crash. Police officers who were in the area rushed to the scene and found both the rider and motorcycle engulfed in flames.
The motorcyclist was rushed to a hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries.
A mother and her three teenage kids were in the SUV at the time of the crash. The family of four sustained minor injuries.
The crash remains under investigation, but police believe that speed was a factor in the crash.
Common Types of Interstate Motorcycle Accidents in CA
Interstate motorcycle accidents can involve various scenarios and factors. While each accident is unique, here are some common types of motorcycle accidents that can occur on interstates in CA:
- Rear-end collisions: Rear-end accidents happen when a vehicle strikes the rear of a motorcycle. These can occur if a driver fails to maintain a safe following distance or is distracted, resulting in a collision with a motorcycle in front.
- Lane-changing accidents: Accidents can occur when a vehicle fails to check blind spots or uses improper signaling while changing lanes, leading to a collision with a motorcycle traveling in the adjacent lane.
- Merge-related accidents: Merge accidents happen when vehicles entering or exiting the interstate fail to yield or properly merge, resulting in a collision with a motorcycle already on the highway.
- Sideswipe accidents: Sideswipe accidents occur when a vehicle collides with a motorcycle while traveling parallel to each other, often due to the driver’s failure to check mirrors or maintain a safe distance.
- Intersection accidents: Interstates often intersect with other highways, roads, or ramps. Motorcycle accidents can happen at these intersections due to factors like failure to yield, red-light violations, or improper lane changes by other vehicles.
Pacific Attorney Group has a team of skilled attorneys with several years of experience handling injury claims that arise from motorcycle accidents. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident or lost a loved one, Click to call : 866-803-6502 us as soon as possible for a free and confidential consultation.