Dakota Stone Killed in Ventura Motorcycle Accident on Highway 101 near Highway 126
Ventura, California (September 7, 2021) – The California Highway Patrol has identified the San Clemente male rider who died following a traffic accident Sunday morning as 20-year-old Dakota Stone.
The CHP responded to the fatal crash site shortly before 11:00 a.m. on Highway 101, just south of eastbound Highway 126, near Telephone Road.
The accident involved a Toyota Corolla and a Kawasaki motorcycle operated by Dakota Stone that crashed along northbound Highway 101 on September 5 for undetermined reasons.
Dakota Stone Fatal Ventura Motorcycle Crash
According to a report by the CHP and Ventura County Fire Department, Dakota was declared dead at the scene.
Information regarding the involved motorist was not immediately available at the report time.
The crash resulted in the closure of a section of the highway for an unknown time.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
If you have lost someone you love in a motorcycle accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.