Mathew Lockett and Richard Kieth Among 6 Injured in Copperopolis Collision at O’Byrnes Ferry Road and Highway 4
Copperopolis, California (August 10, 2021) – Mathew Lockett, 47, and Richard Kieth, 63, both of Modesto, were among six people who were injured Sunday afternoon in a two-vehicle collision at a Copperopolis intersection, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The major injury crash happened at about 2:45 p.m. Sunday, August 8, at the intersection of O’Byrnes Ferry Road and Highway 4.
CHP said a 2006 Toyota Avalon was heading northbound on O’Byrnes Ferry Road and was approaching a stop sign at Highway 4.
The Toyota then entered the intersection and collided with a 2012 Ford F-150 driven by Lockett, who was heading westbound on Highway 4 at approximately 55 miles per hour.
The impact caused the two vehicles to spin out of control and stop at the northwest corner of the intersection.
Car Accident at O’Byrnes Ferry Road and Highway 4 in Copperopolis
Lockett suffered minor injuries and was taken to Modesto Memorial while his passenger, Kieth, sustained major injuries and was transported to the Doctors Medical Center.
The Toyota driver and one of her three passengers were taken to Modesto Memorial with moderate injuries. The remaining two passengers were transported to Doctors Medical Center with major injuries.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the crash.
The collision remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.