Marjorie Goosey Among 2 Injured in Plumas County Crash on Highway 70 near Chandler Road
Plumas County, California (September 8, 2021) – Marjorie Goosey, 78, of Greenville, was among two people who were injured Sunday afternoon in a traffic collision in Plumas County, according to a California Highway Patrol report.
The crash happened at around 4:45 p.m. Sunday, September 6, on Highway 70, just west of Chandler Road.
As per the CHP report, a 2019 Dodge, driven by Goosey, was heading westbound on Highway 70 while a 2008 Subaru, driven by Colton Peters, 21, of Crescent Mills, was also traveling westbound at a posted speed of 55 miles per hour.
Goosey then stopped in the westbound lane and yielded to eastbound traffic as she waited to make a left turn into the Evergreen Trailer Park.
Peters failed to notice the stopped Dodge. He applied the brakes and swerved to the left to avoid the collision but was not successful. The Subaru ultimately hit the right rear of the Dodge.
Due to the impact, the Subaru spun out into the eastbound lane and collided with a Ford that was traveling eastbound, driven by Brett T. Bouchard, 28, of Grass Valley.
The Subaru continued in a southwesterly direction and crashed into the Evergreen Trailer Park mailboxes.
Goosey was transported to the Plumas District Hospital with minor injuries. Peters also sustained minor injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.