Man Hurt in Fresno Pedestrian Accident on Blackstone Avenue near Shields Avenue
Fresno, California (August 22, 2021) – A man was struck and critically injured by a vehicle in central Fresno on Sunday night, according to the authorities.
The crash happened on Blackstone Avenue near Shields Avenue at about 8:15 p.m.
Police said a 31-year-old man was running across the street outside of the crosswalk when he was struck by a northbound vehicle.
Man Injured in Fresno Pedestrian Crash
The pedestrian was found lying on the roadway with critical injuries. He was transported to Regional Medical Center for treatment of his injuries.
The involved driver stayed at the scene after the accident and cooperated with the investigators.
Alcohol and drugs were not suspected to have played a role in the collision.
The incident is under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.