1 Seriously Injured in Lynwood Motorcycle Accident on Interstate 710 near Imperial Highway
Lynwood, California (September 12, 2021) – One person sustained major injuries in a motorcycle accident that happened early Sunday morning in Lynwood, the California Highway Patrol said.
The incident was reported at about 3:41 a.m. on southbound Interstate 710, just north of Imperial Highway.
A motorcycle collided with a car under unclear circumstances.
The rider and the motorcycle were blocking the No. 2 lane after the collision.
Emergency crews responded to the scene to find one person with major injuries. An ambulance was sent to the scene to take the patient to the hospital.
No other details were available, but CHP is investigating.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.