Long Beach Man Killed in Anaheim Hills Pedestrian Accident on 91 Freeway
Anaheim Hills, California (August 20, 2021) – A 26-year-old Long Beach man died after he was struck by multiple vehicles while trying to cross a freeway in Anaheim Hills on Thursday, according to authorities.
The deadly accident occurred on the westbound side of the 91 Freeway, just west of the 241 toll road, on August 19.
Authorities said the Long Beach man was driving on the freeway when his vehicle developed mechanical problems and pulled over to the median.
The man then exited the vehicle and attempted to cross the freeway, but he was struck by several vehicles. His two passengers had successfully crossed the lanes to the shoulder.
Long Beach Man Killed in 91 Freeway Accident in Anaheim Hills
The man died in the crash. His name has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin.
The driver of the first vehicle fled the scene after the crash. The suspect’s vehicle may have moderate or major front-end damage.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.