1 Seriously Injured in Linda Pedestrian Accident on N Beale Road and Lindhurst Avenue
Linda, California (September 7, 2021) – Authorities are investigating a pedestrian accident that happened early Tuesday morning at an intersection in Linda.
The accident was reported at about 2:17 a.m. at N Beale Road and Lindhurst Avenue.
The pedestrian was struck by a dark-colored sedan under unclear circumstances.
The victim sustained major injuries in the crash. Firefighters and paramedics responded to the scene to take the patient to the hospital.
The sedan was blocking the roadway with the hazards on after the accident.
CHP is investigating to establish the cause of the crash.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright-colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Were you or your loved one involved in a pedestrian accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.