Lancaster Accident on State Route 14 near Avenue D Kills Pedestrian
Lancaster, California (September 8, 2021) – According to a report by the California Highway Patrol, a pedestrian died Friday night after being struck by a vehicle in Lancaster.
The deadly crash took place on State Route 14 just north of Avenue D, at around 9:18 p.m. on September 3.
A 2006 Toyota Tundra operated by 30-year-old Adrian Lugo Gutierrez southbound on SR-14 reportedly hit a female pedestrian walking westbound across the roadway under unclear circumstances.
Fatal Lancaster Pedestrian Accident
Sadly, the unidentified pedestrian was declared deceased at the scene.
Gutierrez, a Lancaster resident, stopped after the crash and cooperated with the law enforcers.
The deadly accident remains under active investigation. Anyone with additional details about this collision is urged to call the Antelope Valley CHP Office at 661-948-8541.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.