Rider Sustains Minor Injuries in Lakehead Collision on Interstate 5 near Dog Creek Road Off-Ramp
Lakehead, California (September 13, 2021) – A motorcyclist was hurt in a traffic collision that happened Sunday afternoon in Lakehead, the California Highway Patrol said.
The incident took place at about 5:42 p.m. on southbound Interstate 5, just south of Dog Creek Road off-ramp.
The motorcyclist collided with another vehicle under unclear circumstances.
Emergency crews responded to the scene to find the rider with minor injuries. The motorcyclist, however, refused hospitalization.
Authorities are collecting more information to determine the cause of the accident.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.