Four Injured in Koreatown Car Crash on S Virgil Avenue
Koreatown, California (September 7, 2021) – Four people were injured when a vehicle crashed into a homeless encampment Tuesday morning in Koreatown, according to the Los Angles Fire Department.
The crash happened at around 6:00 a.m. in the 505 block of S Virgil Avenue.
Authorities said a sedan veered onto the sidewalk for unknown reasons and slammed into the encampment.
Firefighters along with the paramedics responded to the scene and freed one person who was trapped underneath the sedan.
A total of four people were taken to a hospital, one with moderate injuries and three in fair condition.
Further details about the crash were not immediately provided.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.