Rider Sustains Major Injuries in Kettleman City Crash on 5 Freeway near Highway 41
Kettleman City, California (August 13, 2021) – A motorcyclist sustained severe injuries in a Kettleman City crash that happened Friday morning on 5 Freeway, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The wreck was reported at about 10:15 a.m. in the southbound lanes, just north of Highway 41.
The report said a motorcycle rider clipped a black Toyota for unknown reasons and went down.
Firefighters responded to the scene and requested a helicopter to airlift the seriously injured motorcyclist to the hospital.
Authorities are investigating to determine the factors that may have contributed to the collision.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.