At Least 1 Seriously Injured in Kern County Collision on Highway 166 near Short Road
Kern County, California (September 10, 2021) – At least one person was seriously injured Friday afternoon in a traffic collision in Kern County, according to a report by the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported at around 12:48 p.m. on Highway 166 near Short Road.
As per the CHP report, two vehicles collided on Highway 166. One motorist was driving recklessly before the collision, authorities said.
At least one patient was taken to a hospital with major injuries.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.