Juan Barraza Killed in Phoenix Accident on 91st Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona (October 28, 2023) – Juan Barraza, 39, was killed in a motorcycle collision in Phoenix on Saturday evening, according to the Phoenix Police Department.
The wreck happened on 91st Avenue and Holy Street at about 6 p.m.
Police said a vehicle was traveling northbound on 91st Avenue when it made a left turn onto Holly Street and collided with a motorcycle traveling south.
Barraza, the rider of the motorcycle, fell off the motorcycle and was hit by another vehicle.
According to the report, Barraza was killed in the collision.
The other drivers stayed at the scene after the collision.
The crash is under investigation.
Motorcycle accidents in California can involve various scenarios and factors. While each accident is unique, here are some common types of motorcycle accidents that can occur California:
- Rear-end collisions: Rear-end accidents happen when a vehicle strikes the rear of a motorcycle or vice-versa. These can occur if a driver fails to maintain a safe following distance or is distracted, resulting in a collision with a motorcycle in front.
- Lane-changing accidents: Accidents can occur when a vehicle fails to check blind spots or uses improper signaling while changing lanes, leading to a collision with a motorcycle traveling in the adjacent lane.
- Merge-related accidents: Merge accidents happen when vehicles entering or exiting the interstate fail to yield or properly merge, resulting in a collision with a motorcycle already on the highway.
- Sideswipe accidents: Sideswipe accidents occur when a vehicle collides with a motorcycle while traveling parallel to each other, often due to the driver’s failure to check mirrors or maintain a safe distance.
- Intersection accidents: Interstates often intersect with other highways, roads, or ramps. Motorcycle accidents can happen at these intersections due to factors like failure to yield, red-light violations, or improper lane changes by other vehicles.