Person Killed in Indio Pedestrian Accident at Dillon Road and Worsley Road
Indio, California (August 20, 2021) – A pedestrian died after being struck by a vehicle early Friday morning in an Indio intersection, according to the California Highway Patrol.
At around 4:57 a.m., CHP officers responded to the intersection of Dillon and Worsley Roads to investigate the report of a pedestrian having been struck by a vehicle.
Pedestrian Killed in Indio Collision
The pedestrian, whose name has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin, was declared deceased at the scene.
The driver involved stopped at the scene to cooperate with the police.
No other details about the crash were immediately given.
The accident remains under investigation.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.