Hamilton City Man, Caldwell Man Killed in Glenn County Crash on Highway 45 near Highway 162
Glenn County, California (August 24, 2021) – Two men were killed and three other people were seriously injured in a Monday morning traffic collision in Glenn County, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The deadly head-on crash occurred at around 6:15 a.m. Monday, August 23, on Highway 45, just south of Highway 162.
The CHP said a man from Caldwell, Idaho, was driving a Ford Explorer northbound on Highway 45 when, for unknown reasons, he allowed the vehicle to drift into the southbound lane, where it collided head-on with a Chevy Malibu driven by a Hamilton City man.
Fatal Head-On Crash on Highway 45 in Glenn County
Both drivers were declared dead at the scene. The names of the deceased victims have not been disclosed pending notification of their respective families.
Three passengers of the Ford, a 35-year-old woman, an 8-year-old boy, and a 10-year-old boy, all from Caldwell, Idaho, were transported to a local hospital with major injuries.
No other details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.