2 Men Killed, 2 Seriously Injured in Glenn County Collision on Highway 45 near Highway 162
Glenn County, California (August 23, 2021) – Two people were killed and three others were seriously injured Monday morning in a head-on collision in Glenn County, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The deadly crash occurred at around 6:15 a.m. on Highway 45, just south of Highway 162.
According to the CHP, a Ford Explorer was traveling northbound on Highway 45 when, for unknown reasons, it veered into the southbound lane and collided head-on with a Chevy Malibu.
Deadly Head-On Crash on Highway 45 in Glenn County
The drivers of the Ford and Chevy, only identified as male victims, were declared dead at the scene. The names of the deceased victims have not been disclosed pending notification of their respective families.
Three passengers of the Ford were transported to a local hospital with major injuries.
No other details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.