1 Seriously Injured in Gerber Car Crash on San Mateo Avenue and Samson Avenue
Gerber, California (August 12, 2021) – At least one person was seriously injured in a traffic collision that occurred Wednesday afternoon at an intersection in Gerber.
The California Highway Patrol said the collision happened at about 3:14 p.m. on San Mateo Avenue and Samson Avenue.
The accident involved a Chevrolet Trailblazer and a Mazda 3.
A passerby who witnessed the collision told authorities that one of the drivers had an arm laceration and was bleeding. The witness took the driver to her vehicle and went to St. Elizabeth Community Hospital.
Officials at the hospital confirmed to authorities that they received one person with major injuries from the traffic collision. That patient was only identified as Taylor. They also added that a second party walked in, but they could not confirm if they were involved in the collision.
The CHP report did not mention the cause of the crash, but an investigation is ongoing.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.