1 Seriously Injured in East LA Crash on W Whittier Boulevard and S Eastern Avenue
East Los Angeles, California (August 8, 2021) – A pedestrian sustained serious injuries after being struck by a vehicle Sunday morning at an intersection in East Los Angeles.
The California Highway Patrol said the incident was reported at around 7:06 a.m. at W Whittier Boulevard and S Eastern Avenue.
An unknown car struck the pedestrian under unclear circumstances.
Firefighters responded to the scene and helped the seriously injured pedestrian. The identity of the victim and their condition were not mentioned.
The report did not also say if the pedestrian was in a marked crosswalk at the time of the accident.
CHP officers are investigating the incident.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Were you or your loved one involved in a pedestrian accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.