Pedestrian Hospitalized after Delhi Accident at Schendel Avenue and Mimosa Avenue
Delhi, California (August 24, 2021) – A Delhi accident involving a pedestrian Monday morning sent a female party to the hospital, the California Highway Patrol said.
The major injury collision took place in the area of Schendel Avenue and Mimosa Avenue just before 7:00 a.m.
As per the CHP report, a woman was hit by a vehicle at the intersection under unclear circumstances.
Major Injury Delhi Collision
The unidentified pedestrian was rushed to an area hospital by paramedics for treatment of major injuries sustained in the accident.
Details regarding the involved motorist were not immediately available at the time of the report.
The crash resulted in the closure of the Delhi intersection for an unknown time.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright-colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Were you or your loved one involved in a pedestrian accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.