Damien McGee Injured in Modesto Crash on McHenry Avenue near Kierman Avenue
Modesto, California (September 8, 2021) – Damien McGee, 43, was injured after being involved in a deadly traffic collision in Modesto Tuesday night, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The accident happened at about 9:10 p.m. on September 7 on McHenry Avenue, just south of Kierman Avenue.
The CHP said Clavey Carlson, 25, of Modesto, was driving a Subaru southbound on McHenry when he crashed into the back of a trailer being pulled by a van. The impact of the crash caused the trailer to detach from the van.
The van continued southwesterly direction and went off the road before overturning. The Subaru also travelled off the roadway, where it crashed into a utility pole.
Clavey Carlson Killed in Modesto Crash on McHenry Avenue
Carlson was transported to Doctors Medical Center, where he died while undergoing treatment.
The van driver, now identified as McGee, sustained minor injuries in the accident.
Speed was not considered a factor in the crash. It is undetermined if drugs or alcohol played a role in the collision.
More information about the accident was not provided.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.