Contra Costa County Accident at Pinehurst Road and Canyon Road Seriously Injures Motorcyclist
Contra Costa County, California (September 11, 2021) – The California Highway Patrol is investigating the cause of a major injury motorcycle accident that happened at an intersection in Contra Costa County Friday afternoon.
The CHP responded to the crash site at approximately 3:49 p.m. at Pinehurst Road and Canyon Road.
The accident involved a blue Suzuki motorcycle and an unspecified automobile that crashed at the Contra Costa County intersection for undetermined reasons.
Major Injury Contra Costa County Accident
The motorcyclist, whose name was not immediately revealed, sustained major injuries and was rushed to a local hospital for medication.
Officials closed down the southbound lanes of Pinehurst Road near Canyon Road as they investigated and cleared the scene.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.