33-Year-Old Clovis Man Killed in Fresno Collision on Highway 99 near Ashlan Avenue
Fresno, California (August 14, 2021) – A 33-year-old Clovis man was killed Saturday morning in a traffic crash involving three vehicles in Fresno, authorities said.
The three-vehicle collision occurred at around 8:15 a.m. on Highway 99 near Ashlan Avenue.
According to the authorities, the Clovis man was driving on Highway 99 when, for unknown reasons, his Honda Civic collided with a Caltrans sweeper that was cleaning the center driver on the southbound side of the highway.
The impact caused the Honda Civic to spin into another lane, where it collided with a big rig and a school bus without children on board.
Deadly Collision on Highway 99 in Fresno
The driver of the Honda Civic was transported to the Community Regional Medical Center, where he later succumbed to his injuries. His name has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin.
It is undetermined if alcohol or drugs played a role in the collision.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.