Woman Injured in Chula Vista Collision on Interstate 5 Freeway
Chula Vista, California (September 13, 2021) – A woman was injured Saturday morning in a traffic collision in Chula Vista, according to a local news source.
At around 6:59 a.m. Saturday, September 11, the California Highway Patrol and Chula Vista Fire Department responded to the crash on the Interstate 5 Freeway.
As per the report, a Lexus sedan collided with a Toyota Prius on the freeway’s right shoulder. The impact caused the Toyota to overturn and landed on its wheel up an embankment.
The Lexus driver reportedly got distracted as he looked down at his phone and ended up colliding with the Toyota.
Car Crash on I-5 Freeway in Chula Vista
The woman driving the Toyota and her dog were trapped in the wreckage and had to be extricated by firefighters. She was then taken to a nearby hospital in unknown condition.
Two occupants of the Lexus did not suffer any injuries in the collision, authorities said.
No further details regarding the crash were immediately given.
The collision remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.