The rider crashed into the back side of a truck after being cut off by the truck when coming off Dimeo Lane.
Santa Cruz, Calif. – A motorcyclist was killed after colliding with a vehicle on Highway 1 in Santa Cruz, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The fatal crash was reported at about 2:05 p.m. on November 11, on southbound Highway 1 at Dimeo Lane.
According to the CHP, Felton Fire Protection District personnel responded to calls of an accident involving a motorcycle and a truck. On arrival, the crews found a rider down on the right-hand shoulder of the roadway. The rider seemed unresponsive and unable to move. The fire personnel performed CPR on the victim.
Despite life-saving measures, the rider succumbed to their injuries. The identity of the victim was not immediately released.
A witness told investigators that a white truck cut off the bike as it was coming off Dimeo Lane and the rider struck the back side of the truck.
No additional details were available.
The crash is under investigation.
Common Types of Interstate Motorcycle Accidents in CA
Interstate motorcycle accidents can involve various scenarios and factors. While each accident is unique, here are some common types of motorcycle accidents that can occur on interstates in CA:
- Rear-end collisions: Rear-end accidents happen when a vehicle strikes the rear of a motorcycle. These can occur if a driver fails to maintain a safe following distance or is distracted, resulting in a collision with a motorcycle in front.
- Lane-changing accidents: Accidents can occur when a vehicle fails to check blind spots or uses improper signaling while changing lanes, leading to a collision with a motorcycle traveling in the adjacent lane.
- Merge-related accidents: Merge accidents happen when vehicles entering or exiting the interstate fail to yield or properly merge, resulting in a collision with a motorcycle already on the highway.
- Sideswipe accidents: Sideswipe accidents occur when a vehicle collides with a motorcycle while traveling parallel to each other, often due to the driver’s failure to check mirrors or maintain a safe distance.
- Intersection accidents: Interstates often intersect with other highways, roads, or ramps. Motorcycle accidents can happen at these intersections due to factors like failure to yield, red-light violations, or improper lane changes by other vehicles.
Pacific Attorney Group has a team of skilled attorneys with several years of experience handling injury claims that arise from motorcycle accidents. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident or lost a loved one, Click to call : 866-803-6502 us as soon as possible for a free and confidential consultation.