Chico Accident on Cohasset Road Near Airport Injures 3
Chico, California (September 9, 2021) – Three unidentified people were injured following a two-vehicle collision in Chico Wednesday morning, a local news source reported.
The head-on crash was reported just after 8:00 a.m. on Cohasset Road, just south of the Chico Airport.
The accident happened when a white Subaru was traveling south on Cohasset Road veered over the double yellow lines into oncoming traffic due to steering problems.
In the process, the Subaru slammed head-on into a northbound blue Nissan Pathfinder driven by a 61-year-old Hamilton City woman.
Major Injury Chico Car Accident
The Nissan female motorist suffered major injuries, including a broken bone on her lower leg and left arm, following the crash. She was taken to the Enloe Medical Center and required surgery.
The Subaru operator, a 42 years old Cohasset resident, and a passenger survived with minor injuries following the collision.
The accident resulted in the closure of a stretch of Cohasset Road to about 9:20 a.m. as investigation and clean-up took place.
An investigation into the crash is underway.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.