1 Killed in Buttonwillow Collision on Interstate 5 near Seventh Standard Road
Buttonwillow, California (September 8, 2021) – One person was killed Tuesday morning in a rear-end collision in Buttonwillow, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The deadly crash occurred shortly before 7:20 a.m. on Interstate 5, just north of Seventh Standard Road.
According to the CHP, a Toyota Tacoma was traveling in the slow lane of Interstate 5 at approximately 65 miles per hour when, for unknown reasons, it was struck from behind by a Dodge Ram pickup.
Due to the impact, the pickup veered off the road and flipped over.
Deadly Car Crash on Interstate 5 near Buttonwillow
The driver of the pickup was ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene. His name has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin.
No further details were released.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.