Blanca Espinoza ID’d as 1 of 2 Victims In Fatal Fontana Collision at Redwood Avenue and Slowbar Avenue
Fontana, California (August 15, 2021) – The San Bernardino County Coroner’s Bureau has identified one of the two people who died early Sunday morning following a traffic collision at an intersection in Fontana as Blanca Espinoza, 47, in Fontana.
The tragic accident happened at about 12:45 a.m. at the intersection of Redwood Avenue and Slowbar Avenue.
Authorities said an unidentified man was driving a gray Nissan Versa southbound on Redwood Avenue when he allegedly ran a red light and was hit by a black GMC Sierra that was heading westbound on Slowbar Avenue.
Deadly Fontana Car Crash
Espinoza, who was a passenger in the Nissan Versa, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Nissan Versa, whose name has not been disclosed, also died at the scene.
The driver of the GMC Sierra, who was not injured, stopped at the scene to cooperate with the police.
Police temporarily shut down the intersection for several hours while the investigation took place.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.