1 Killed in Bakersfield Pedestrian Crash on Airport Drive near Olive Drive
Bakersfield, California (August 21, 2021) – A pedestrian was fatally struck by a vehicle Friday night in Bakersfield, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The accident occurred at about 8:41 p.m. on Airport Drive, just north of Olive Drive.
The report said an unknown car struck a pedestrian who was reportedly sitting in the roadway.
A reporting party told authorities that the pedestrian was lying down unconscious in the traffic lanes after the crash.
The report said the pedestrian died in the accident.
No other information about the crash was available.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright-colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Were you or your loved one involved in a pedestrian accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.