1 Killed, 1 Seriously Injured in Antioch Collision on Highway 4 near Hillcrest Avenue
Antioch, California (September 10, 2021) – One person was killed and another was seriously injured Friday afternoon in a traffic collision involving two vehicles in Antioch, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The deadly two-car crash happened at around 1:38 p.m. on Highway 4 near Hillcrest Avenue.
According to the CHP Traffic Incident log, a small grey sedan and a black GMC Yukon collided for unknown reasons on the westbound side of Highway 4.
Highway 4 Crash Kills 1, Injures 1
Emergency personnel responded to the crash and pronounced one person dead at the scene. Another person sustained major injuries.
The names of the deceased victim and the injured party have not been released.
A SigAlert was issued at 1:49 p.m., blocking the no. 1 and 2 lanes of westbound Highway 4.
No further details were immediately released.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.