58-Year-Old Alhambra Man Killed in Bakersfield Crash on Highway 99 near Highway 58

Bakersfield Crash
Alhambra Man Killed in Rear-End Collision on Highway 99 in Bakersfield

Bakersfield, California (August 6, 2021) – A traffic accident has claimed the life of a 58-year-old Alhambra man and left another person injured Thursday night in Bakersfield, the California Highway Patrol reported.

The deadly crash happened at about 9:30 p.m. Thursday, August 5, on Highway 99 at the eastbound Highway 58 on-ramp, just north of Belle Terrace.

According to the CHP, the Alhambra man was driving a 2005 Ford sedan southbound on Highway 99 at an unsafe speed approaching the rear of a 2012 Ford two-axle truck.

Traffic was slowing and stopping in the area due to a previous crash. The 2005 Ford failed to slow or stop for the stopped traffic ahead and rear-ended the 2012 Ford.

Fatal Bakersfield Car Crash on Highway 99

The driver of the 2005 Ford was trapped in the wreckage and had to be extricated by emergency responders. Sadly, he was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin.

The driver of the 2012 Ford suffered minor injuries but sought his own treatment.

No other details regarding the accident were immediately available.

The accident remains under investigation.

Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California

  • Always stop and remain at the scene.
  • Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
  • Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
  • Call 911 to report the accident.
  • Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
  • Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.

If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.